April 1, 2019
LMU Marketing and Communications is excited to announce the new LMU visual identity system, now available to the university community via a redesigned, full-service branding website: brand.lmu.edu.
The comprehensive identity release features downloadable logo files; usage guidelines and standards; a new print stationery system ready for orders; coordinated tools and templates for daily communications; plus much more. The release comes after a year of development, community input, refinement and production.
The new branding website synthesizes the broad university brand initiative in one easy-to-use, self-service location. Some features include:
- Downloadable university logos in a multitude of file and color formats, ready for immediate use;
- Usage guidelines and standards for logos, the vibrant new university color palette and typography palette;
- A suite of new print stationery templates, ready to order through Campus Digital Graphics;
- Visually-coordinated digital communication tools, such as presentation templates and digital letterhead, downloadable and customizable by the user;
- A landmark set of new tools for consistent LMU branding in social media;
- Information on our trademarks and licensing program, where you can find LMU-licensed vendors for your new swag orders;
- Examples of visual identity applications and campus logo upgrades;
- A Brand Basics section, with a primer on the LMU brand initiative, brand platform and brand position;
- An FAQ to address your initial questions as you navigate this robust new system, and resources for how to learn more.
In addition, the site includes a link to register for Marketing and Communications-led visual identity training. Trainings are currently scheduled twice-weekly through the month of April, with more coming in May and throughout the summer. All are welcome to attend, with frequent logo users highly encouraged to register.
The new site is a living reference. New templates and resources will be added in the coming months to support the community’s adoption of the brand and visual identity.
The new LMU visual identity system is a significant and bold step in our shared commitment to increase awareness and strengthen the university’s reputation in a crowded field of higher ed competitors. The community will continue to be updated through LMU This Week and brand.lmu.edu with news and opportunities for all to become involved in this historic moment.
Direct your questions and new logo requests to the marketing and communications representative in your area, or use this request form.