All official university accounts must be registered with Marketing and Communications. The LMU Social Team will routinely review all official university accounts to ensure they adhere to the university’s social media policies and guidelines, and will reach out to social managers as needed to discuss solutions for pages that need support.
If you manage an existing official LMU social channel, please be sure to register your channels by filling out this form.
Benefits of registering:
- Strategy and troubleshooting support from the LMU Social Team
- LMU’s Social Team as an admin on your account as an added layer of security
- Get your channels added to the LMU social directory
- A “follow” from LMU’s primary accounts and potential amplification of your posts
- Be part of the LMU social media working group email list, Teams chat, and receive invites to group meetings for brainstorming and information sharing
- Receive official LMU-branded social tiles for your channels
- Social channels must be overseen by at least two LMU faculty or staff members, NOT students.
- You must provide your units’ social media account passwords and your admins’ contact information.
- You must be able to commit to weekly content.
- Channels must use an official LMU-branded social tile.
Interested in starting a NEW social media channel for your department, unit or organization at LMU? Follow the steps below to get started. Please note that new accounts will be under review for the first six months of its existence to ensure that it conforms to LMU’s policies and guidelines.
- Complete the LMU Social Media Strategy Worksheet for New Accounts in consultation with your supervisor.
- Contact Shelbey Galliher, social media manager, or your embedded MarComm professional for a consultation to discuss your proposed strategy.
- If your social channel is approved by MarComm and your supervisor, create the account through the applicable platform and provide passwords to the LMU Social Team.
- Review LMU’s social media guidelines and all relevant university policies.
- Complete LMU’s social media registration form for new, approved accounts.