All social media channels must be registered with Marketing, Communications, and External Relations. Official accounts are those authorized to speak on behalf of a school, department or other official entity at the university. The LMU social team will routinely review all official university accounts to ensure they adhere to the university’s social media policies and guidelines, and will reach out to social managers as needed to discuss solutions for pages that need support.
If you manage an existing official LMU social channel, or your new account has been approved by MarComm and your supervisor, please register it using the form below. If you do not yet have an official, approved channel, learn more about getting started with social media at LMU.
Benefits of registering:
- Get your channels added to the LMU Social Directory.
- Join the LMU Social Media Roundtable email list and Teams chat.
- Participate in social media meetings and workshops.
- Get the inside scoop on upcoming campaigns.
- Receive official LMU-branded social tiles for your channels.
- Receive back-up account access in an emergency
- Approved, registered channels must have a demonstrated, strategic need.
- Approved, registered channels advance their area’s goals, divisional priorities, and the university brand.
- Social channels must be overseen by LMU faculty or staff, not students.
- Channel administrators must be able to commit to a content plan that includes at least one post per week.
- Channels must use an official LMU-branded social tile.
- Channel administrators must adhere to and enforce LMU’s social media guidelines and all relevant university policies.
- STARTING FALL 2021: All official university accounts must provide their login credentials to the LMU social team for emergency use purposes. The team will collect these when staff is on campus and can safely collect passwords by telephone.